Nakuru High School is one of Kenya’s National Schools located in Nakuru Town, off Nakuru-Bahati Road. It borders Nakuru State House to the East. The school was founded in 1927 as Francis Scott High School but later renamed to Nakuru High School after Kenya attained independence in 1963. The first stone was laid by the then colonial governor Edward William Macleay Grigg. It has roughly 200 acres of land facing Menengai Crater. Initially the co-educational institution was reserved for children of the whites who lived in the outlying farming areas and British administrators. All teachers, masters (as they were called at the time) were also white. First formed as a boarding school, it still allowed day bergs on condition that they lived around the school.
- By admin
- Email: email@example.com